Saturday, August 30, 2014

Take Me Away to the Cobbled City, to the Greenest of Green Hills, and to the Men in Kilts

Welcome to my latest blog! I really enjoyed writing about my experiences in Oxford this summer, so I decided to continue posting about my adventures abroad.

One week from now I will be sleeping in my flat in Edinburgh. AHHH! So crazy. But I am so excited, and so ready to go! 

Two weeks ago, following the program I did in Oxford, Mum and I traveled to Edinburgh for four days to attend the Fringe Festival, the largest arts festival in the world each year. For years, it has been a dream of mine to return to Edinburgh in August to experience the wide range of theatre and to be surrounded by promoters and lovers of the performing arts. Not only was it a dream trip, but it was also a very convenient opportunity. In those four days, I became much more familiar with the area. I got to see the flat I will be living in for the semester as well as the main academic quad in which my classes will be taught. I also got to find local convenience stores, cafes, transportation points, and clothing stores. Because of that trip, I feel so much more prepared and comfortable about crossing the pond and living in another country for four months. I feel I will be much less nervous and, frankly scared, than I would have otherwise been when I get there next week. 

I have yet to start packing, but I have started planning out my schedule for Freshers' Week, a week full of tours, fairs, day-trips, pubbing, and dance parties that welcome freshmen and visiting students to the University of Edinburgh. Seeing what's in store for us right off the bat is making me even MORE excited and even MORE eager to be on my way! It has been a nice few weeks back at home, a good breather after the craziness and amazingness that was my time with BADA in Oxford. But, I am ready now for my next big adventure. 

Talk to you all in Scotland!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment